Monday, April 13, 2009

Fred

At night in Newport we could hear frogs - LOUD frogs. Allyson decided since she was unsuccessful catching a wild hare at the beach that catching a frog would be a nice idea. We hiked up the hill following the sounds. Both Allyson & Natalie were so brave hunting these amphibians until it was time to TOUCH the creatures. Then their fearful mother had to be the one. We got plastic cups to do the work. I'm no dummy! We brought him back to our hotel room and watched him swim and jump in our bathtub as the girls continued to squeal. Fred, so dearly named, was not invited to come back to Fresno with us. Infact, after just a few minutes of hopping around displaying his ability to free himself of our bathtub, the girls decided he should return to his original family.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

I must admit, this frog is quite cute. I however, thought that you were talking about your Uncle Michelle! HA!

So brave of you to catch the frog, and then letting him go free. I'm such a proud Aunt!

I love hearing the voices on the video--makes me miss my girls!!