Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm running away


Yes, I am! I am running away with my sisters this weekend. Off to sunny Anaheim we go to attend the annual Craft & Hobby Show convention where all the scrapbooking manufacturers display their new products and releases. We will walk the showroom floor for 10 hours every day, visit hundreds of booths, take notes on what we like, then sit down on our hotel room floor for hours and put together our scrapbooking packs for our business. We'll go to sleep after midnight every night and eat donuts for breakfast. I bought 4 six packs of diet pepsi but that probably won't be enough. There will be no dinners to fix, no diapers to change, no kids to tuck in and no laundry to get done. We will laugh and talk non-stop because we never have a problem figuring out what to say. We will see old friends and make new ones. We'll get tons of free stuff and spend thousands of dollars (yikes!) all for the sake of scrapbooking. Then on Wednesday we will sadly say goodbye yet we'll be thankful that we're off our feet and we'll return to the children and husbands that we dearly love.

5 comments:

Ashli Dardenne said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

Marcie said...

I'm so jealous!!!!! have a blast you guys!!!!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Hope you guys have FUN!! That is an experience some of us scrapbookers only *dream* about! :)

The Roberts said...

When I first read the title, I was going to ask for your forwarding address but then I realized you are just one of the luckiest woman I know to be able to go experience the next couple of days. Have a GREAT time! And if you did run away from your family I know that you would come to your senses and turn the car around. I made it about a 1/4 of a mile once and then asked myself did I really just get in my car out of anger to go no where???? I do laugh at that one. The funniest thing is that I think it was a disagreement over our new dinning room set.

Grandma P said...

I wish I was coming! I'll be there next year when my sisters can come too! However, my budget is happy that I'm not visiting that Technique Tuesday booth! Have a great time!