Thursday, January 22, 2009

20 Years Ago


This morning I was in a cranky mood. Why? Because there's a field trip at school. Can I tell you how much I hate school field trips. I hate feeling like my kid will be neglected if I'm not there (because at our lovely school, parents drop everything to attend every single event the kids participate in). I hate walking around acting like I'm interested in how pizza dough is flattened or how a grocery store receives shipments. I hate crating my younger child around with me and struggling with a stroller through tiny places. But most of all, I'm just a HOME-BODY and I hate having to leave my house for something extra.

So, I decided to do something fun before I left the house. I went to my cupboard full of old journals and picked out the one from 1989 and looked up January 22. And this is what I found. A cute picture from my then 6 year old sister. I was in college. She was in the first grade. And all of a sudden I wasn't in such a bad mood anymore. Thanks, Ashli.

3 comments:

Ashli Dardenne said...

Man, I was a great artist hua. I mean, look at the beautiful red hair you have. And what nice figures. This must have been our pre-children years. I think I'll open up my own gallery now.

Kathy and Bill Coit said...

Michelle,
Just don't go! I grew up when the parents couldn't do everything with kids and most families only had 1 car. Your kids know you love them and these times are good ways for them to become self sufficient.
Kathy Coit

The Roberts said...

What a great post! How amazing that you have those journals