Monday, August 18, 2008

This special time of year




The first time I ever bought grapes from a grocery store was when I left home for college. Until that time we had access to all the grapes our hearts desired thanks to my grandpa. Grandpa Boyd has 200 acres of grapes. It's his hobby and he is at home in the middle of those vines. Yesterday he took me and my brother out to the vineyard to get some grapes.... the most delicious grapes you have ever tasted. Grocery stores can not offer such treats because they are too ripe to sell. Those of you with your own gardens know exactly what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Mmmmmmmmmm....I am so jealous.

Unknown said...

WOW---i am so jealous! Jake wants grapes too, but it will take years before we have anything like that! YUMMY! I'm glad you are blogging!