Sunday, August 31, 2008

Balloon Festival






My mom's birthday is this weekend and we decided to celebrate by attending a hot air balloon festival in Northern California. We were out the hotel door by 5:30am and mezmorized by these incredibly large beauties. The kids got to ride in one of the balloons, participe in a race (Dylan came in 2nd and Natalie in 5th place), watch clowns perform, touch a snake, turtles, and rabbits, plus eat fun food all morning long. What a great day! Thanks, Mom!!


4 comments:

Myrna said...

Oh my...what a GREAT time you had. I love the pictures of the balloons--lots of happy faces!!

thehiattfamily said...

HOW FUN!!!

Stephanie said...

I love the balloons! Aren't they amazing?!?!? I recognize the green 'dragon' one - it frequents the Balloons Fiesta here in ABQ in October. Now I really can't wait for October!

Mary said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday. If only Camille could keep that "fear of males" until after her teen-age years, life would be so much easier for you guys.