Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School











My house is so quiet right now. I ALMOST don't know what to do with myself!!!! Yes, it is the first day of school and 3 of my 4 kids are across the street in their classrooms. This morning was hillarious. Allyson & Natalie were pros: fixing their own breakfasts, packing their own lunches, stuffing their own backpacks. Then there was Amanda who was talking NON-STOP: "I think I'll hold my backpack with my left hand. I know I write with my right hand and I usually would hold my backpack with my right hand but today I'll use my left hand." "Do we have bangs when we are babies? Do you think my bangs are part of my baby hair?" "I know I need to make some new friends but I might be a little shy." Boy, does her teacher have a great surprise waiting!!!!

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Oh my little Amanda...she is DARLING!! I love her logic about using the right hand vs. left hand! Natalie and Allyson are SO grown up. Where does the time go. Dallas started 9th grade--high school--at a new school. He seems to love it...

Danielle said...

How did their first day go? How fun! (I have a little one who also narrates all of his thoughts). I love having that window inside.

thehiattfamily said...

Exciting! Wow, you may get to catch your breath...or maybe not, now you have lost your baby sitters.