Friday, October 23, 2009

The BIG Fresno Fair







One of my favorite things to do is to go to the county fair each year. I have a little routine we follow.... animals, reptiles, rocks & vegetables. No rides. No toys. Yes cotton candy! And the best part is watching my kids the entire time. We walk through all the animal pens.. cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits, turkeys. This year my niece, Robin, was the most fun to watch. She was sure the cows were just big dogs and she needed to pet them! Camille was enthralled but even the 13 year olds (Natalie & Dylan) were having a blast. It never gets old for me. The reptile house was Mallori & Allyson's favorite. They were reading up on every creature and trying to find the snakes, lizards and frogs in the small glass cages. We walked out of there with a few frog stuffed animals (such a sucker of a mom). And living in the San Joaquin Valley means that the fruit and vegetable displays are simply amazing. We try to identify all the produce grown here and then try not to want to eat the beautiful fruit right there in front of us!
This year my nephew, Dylan, tried fried frog legs. It was hard for me to watch. Thank goodness most of my nausea has gone away! Yes, I'm feeling so well that I could actually enjoy some cotton candy! We had a fantastic time - and everyone was ready for early bedtimes afterwards.

No comments: