Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Are you a Problem Solver?

I tell my kids all the time "Solve the Problem". I have seen way too many adults who do not know how to solve problems and I refuse to let my children enter adulthood as such. So, I got a taste of my own medicine in the past two days. Here's a brief recap: Flat tire as I come out from church. DVD player in my car dies (How am I going to drive to Utah with 4 kids by myself without movies????). Can't get my pump to work to blow up the tire. Cigarette lighters in my car are dead. Drive to Costco on a flat (I know - BAD). 3 hour wait at Costco - no thank you. Good Guys replace tire(s) and fuse and now my DVD player and my cigarette lighters work. Yeah - and that was only a 2 hour wait (with a 2 year old). Allyson informing me that they have a Peter Pan rehearsal earlier than I realized. Called company to see where her green leotard was only to find out that the lady who placed my order was fired and the order was never processed. Found a white leotard in our bin FULL of old leotards (benefit of having 4 girls). Bought green dye and made my own mint-green leotard. Had my mother sew a Tinkerbell Skirt and we ended up with the best costume ever! I'm tired. Aren't you?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We have totally stolen your whole "Solve your problem" technique. And now so have several of my friends. It works so beautifully.

Look forward to seeing pics of Tinkerbell. Molly and Evin are both Tink for Halloween. Is Allyson using her play costume for Halloween to be Tink too?