Friday, May 22, 2009

Kindergarten Program




Amanda brought home a form that needed to be signed. "Dear Kindergarten parents - We will be having a Mother's Day presentation on May 8. Please write in below who will be attending this presentation below and sign. No siblings allowed. Thank you." Unbelievable. What if I worked? What if I had newborn triplets and couldn't get away. What if I had no family around to go in my place? What if? Ok, so I just sucked it up and put my name down and signed. I am her mother and I don't work and I don't have triplets or any other excuse to prevent me from attending. I shouldn't have gotten so out of sorts about the whole thing anyway. I mean, school is for performances, right? And for dragging parents out in the middle of the day. And for serving iced tea, brownies, fresh strawberries with powdered sugar on decorated plates with matching napkins. Ok - ENOUGH!


The program was delightful. They really had worked hard on many songs and poems and stories. The kids were adorable and the majority of parents video-taped the entire 40 minute program. Yes - 40 minutes followed by refreshments and gifts and activities in the classroom. (I think I'm getting cranky in my old age) I'm glad I went. And in 4 years when Camille brings home the same form, I'll have a better attitude - I promise.




1 comment:

Danielle said...

Too funny..thanks for the insight. One of the major hang-ups for me as we try to make the homeschooling choice is that my kids will miss out on all the musical programs, bees, and awards ceremonies. Maybe I would decide pretty soon they weren't that fun anyways. Especially with several siblings I would need to find childcare for in the middle of the day. I sure as heck wouldn't have left Molly at home. :)

Amanda is super cute. (and I think Ryan might be the one person who wishes you had videotaped and posted the whole thing. When I showed him the pics, he kept saying play movie mommy, play Gabi's movie. " He wouldn't believe me that it was Amanda and not Gabi. They look nothing alike, but he is two and silly).