Friday, May 22, 2009

Creativity Disease


I bought a printer that uses edible ink. Instead of printing on paper, I print on icing sheets (letter size, legal size or 2.5 inch circles). So now I can make designer cakes and cookies. I have so much free time on my hands these days that I thought this would be a great new project for me. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic) The reason we invested in this machine is for advertising for Troy's new business. We sent out 200 cookies with his new logo printed on them. (We all know the REAL REASON we invested in this machine though - ha ha! It's so much fun.) We already have orders for:
1. Cookie bouquet for an end-of-the-year teacher gift. Each cookie will have a child's picture on it.
2. Cookies for a law firm trade show
3. Wedding favors with the bride and groom printed on the yummy mini cakes
4. A possible fundraiser for a high school football game
5. Our 6th grade party
6. Birthday party invitations
The best part is that my sister-in-law graduated from the Culinary Art Institute so she is making delicious cookies/cakes/pastries for us. She's awesome. (I made the cakes in the pictures - thus the beeeeuuuuutiful icing job.)

3 comments:

Christy said...

edible ink? icing paper? Ooooo. My 'want' list just got a little bit longer. :) Except...the to-do list that came after buying the new toys might keep me from investing...

Stephanie said...

So cute. I'm orders #1 & 4!!! You are going to be so busy once word gets out more (:

Danielle said...

Wow! I can think of millions of ways to use that toy. What a fun new hobby/business it could be! Enjoy!