Sunday, June 21, 2009

A trip of a lifetime

On Thursday morning I drove Natalie to the airport at 5:00 am to meet up with my parents. Then they were off - just the three of them. My parents decided that when each grandchild turns 12 they will take them on a trip anywhere they want to go. So, Natalie decided to go to the Galapagos Islands. She had researched so many different places around the world and chose this trip because of being able to see animals, being able to go out of the country and also because she knew my parents had never been here before.

The Galapagos are off the coast of Ecuador and getting there really wasn't too big of an adventure. They are currently on a ship that will visit the many islands. They'll sleep and eat on the ship and tour the islands during the daytime. We've only heard from them once since they left and it sounds like they're having a great time. While on mainland Ecuador, they went to the equator and my mom balanced an egg on a nailhead.

This is such a fantastic time for my child to share with her grandparents, creating memories that will last her entire lifetime. We really miss Natalie around here and can't wait to hear about all the details of her trip.




4 comments:

Myrna said...

What a great time they will have! Can you imagine all the memories... WOW!!

Becky said...

Sounds AWESOME!! I think Trevor and I will have to do this with our grandkids! :)

Chad Scribner said...

I want to be your parents' grandchild. (Although that might be a little weird at family get-togethers.)

THAT IS AWESOME!

thehiattfamily said...

What a fantastic experience for her! Sounds like a blast.