Thursday, September 4, 2008

Precious Time with Grandpa Boyd




I adore my grandfather. He's one of my favorite people (right along side Myrna). I don't know how much longer he's going to be with us. Even though he is healthy and active, he is 91 years old. So after the kids came home from school we went to Grandpa's house with a roast & veggies that had been simmering all day and a freshly baked loaf of bread. The kids swam, Camille explored, and we were able to just sit and visit before feasting on dinner outside. It was a beautiful evening. One day my kids will realize how incredibly blessed they are that they had a close relationship with their great-grandfather.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Holy Smokes Michelle, I'm honored to be up there with Grandpa Boyd!! What a honor...made me tear up!!

Love you!

The Roberts said...

How lucky you are to have a Grampa Boyd. Mine was Grampa Boyd too but he passed away a couple weeks before I was born. My Grampa was the 11 recipent of a heart transplant right here in Houston. It has been neat to hear of my Grampa here in Texas becuase the Dr. that did the surgery just passed away.