Sunday, December 14, 2008

Small Town Pageant




Last night we bundled ourselves up and drove downtown (7 entire blocks) to watch my home town's Christmas parade. Half the town was out sitting on the curbs enjoying the excitment of Christmas. There was someone we knew with every passing group and my dad kept waving and shouting "Hey! That's my neighbor!" I experienced a great sense of nostalgia as I watched the color guard march with one of the 4 members never quite moving correctly to the cadence, the high school band wearing flashing rudolph noses, the group of guitarists that obviously didn't bother to tune their instruments before hitting the pavement, and then one tractor after another pulling the floats. Yes, that's small town USA for you.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

You know, there's nothing better than a small town celebration. What a great way to spend the evening!! You do look like you are all freezing though!! ;)